I can't access email with which has worked for about 10

Customer Question
I can't access email...

I can't access email with***@******.*** which has worked for about 10 years until today.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone is 212******

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi there! Microsoft (who owns the old webtv.com domain and maintains those email services) is reporting an outage that is causing email to not work for many users currently:

Title: Unable to access Outlook

User Impact: Users may be unable to access Outlook.

More info: Users may be unable to access Outlook via multiple protocols, including the desktop client, mobile application, or web version.

Current status: We're restarting the affected services to fix the problem. As this progresses, users will start to see service restoration.

Start time: Monday, April 2, 2018, at 7:15 AM UTC

Next update by: Monday, April 2, 2018, at 7:00 PM UTC

Your issue will self-resolve as soon as Microsoft fixes the issues on their end.