I can't get my andriod phone to link to my google mini. My…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my andriod phone to link to my google mini

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes my phone is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to be able to use my google mini and ti says I need my home app to do so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did you get the Google Mini?

A month ago, just got the samsung j7
No thank you

Sorry that is an automated message, one moment while I type out the steps.

1. Plug in Google Home.
  2. Install the Google Home app by navigating to g.co/home/setup on your Google Home supported Android device.
    1. Or click to download the Google Home app for Android.
  3. Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Google Home device.
  4. Open the Google Home app by tapping the app icon on your Android device.
  5. Tap Get Started.
  6. Confirm Google Account: Choose which Google Account you want to link to Google Home. You can also add a different account if you don’t see the account you want to use listed. Tap Ok.
  7. Permissions:
    1. ​Location services - If you don’t have Location services on, tap Go to settings find the Google Home app turn on Location services go back to the Google Home app.
    2. Location access - Location access is needed to find nearby devices that need setup. Tap OK.
  8. Scanning for Google Home devices: The Google Home app scans for nearby devices that are plugged in and ready to set up.
    1. If no devices are found, and you’re setting up a device, tap Yes. Make sure you’re near the Google Home device that you are setting up and it’s plugged into a wall outlet. Tap Next.​​
    2. If no devices are found, and you’re not setting up a device, tap No.
  9. Found devices:
    1. If one device is found, tap Next.
    2. If multiple devices are found, choose the device you want to set up Next.
    3. If you don’t see your device, tap Don’t see your device.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.