I contacted Apple on previous and Screen Sharing was down. I…

Customer Question
I contacted Apple on...

I contacted Apple on previous and Screen Sharing was down. I think they gave me Mac Cleaner but not sure if this a product IS from Apple or from the many bogus sites that just want me to pay to fix the problem. I can't close this app on my dest top and I don't know if I should use it or not. My main problem is that I have created a document that is more than 32 MegaBytes and NOW I can't open it. Can tex support fix this problem with screen sharing if it is back up today? Mary Pallais(###) ###-####in Sedona Arizona. Serial # C1MKWCAXDTY4

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your Mac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

I AM 77 YEARS OLD AND computer challenged. I am an author and only know what I need to complete my books.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This mac cleaner states that I h over 500 MB that will clear my comuter but will it allow me to open the 32 MB that is keeping me from opening my file entitled Encylopedia - angels, Fairies, Spirits and Sprits.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Is this contact with Apple.com/tec support. I have never been asked for my credit card before when I call for tec support.

Hi Mary: We are JustAnswer.com, an independent company that is not affiliated with Apple. We can help fix your computer; however, ours is a paid service.

Mac Cleaner is a fake program that masquerades as a cleaning utility, presenting fake error messages in hopes of getting you to purchase the program. It can act as a gateway through which more nefarious programs -- viruses and malware -- can enter your computer.

I can walk you through how to fix this, if you'd like to continue with us?

I am on limited Social Security and don't have $39 for support. I will have to go to an apple store but it is 2 hours away. Why was I charged $5 and now $39

Our service requires a $5 deposit and then an additional fee that you accepted when the techncian (me) begins working on the problem. However, I'll ask our customer service team to reach out in regard to a full refund.

I will call the Apple Store and get the support there. Thank you for being there for those who and afford this service.Although I am an author, I do not have my books on line yet for sale.
I was only told about the $5 and I could cancel any time. Cancel this and do not help me further Cancel the $5
Did you cancel this $5 trial period and not charge me $39?