Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I can't get into my hotmail account, ''an error has

Customer Question

I can't get into my hotmail account, ''an error has occurred'' message appears each time. I've even changed my password ***** the same message appears.
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: I have an iPhone 7+ from which I can access hotmail but the account looks entirely different and does not present the same information.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Yes my Thai mobile ph no: to which is sent a text message and it still does not work
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think maybe some one has sent unencrypted ''bug'' in the form of an email last night
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! Outlook.com (Hotmail) is currently down. Microsoft is reporting:

We've determined that a configuration issue is causing Outlook.com connectivity issues and we're implementing a fix to remediate impact.

Unfortunately, there is no work-around aside from waiting for Microsoft to resolve the issue. For updated status information, see: https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!