Its my galaxy s6 i've forgot the password. 3/4 weeks ago its…

Customer Question
Its my galaxy s6...

Its my galaxy s6 i've forgot the password

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?

3/4 weeks ago its a 2nd ph no sim just used for game play

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you referring to the password ***** unlock the screen on the phone?

Please let me know

Thank you

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

Step 1: Turn off your device.

Step 2: Hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while your phone boots, or until the screen shows the iconic Android logo.

Step 3: After a few moments, you’ll have access to your phone’s boot menu. Using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to make your selection, find and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

Step 4: Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will then notice script scrolling across the bottom of the screen, which will end with Data Wipe Complete.

Step 5: Once the operation is complete, press the power button to reset your device.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

Let me know how you go please