I also downloaded itunes on my new computer and it did not…

Customer Question
I also downloaded itunes on...
I also downloaded itunes on my new computer and it did not come up with all the music I formally had. It like disappeared. I have music of all kinds on my desktop but it is no longer there
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Where is your music stored?

If it is on the computer you will need to get iTunes to search for it and add it to your music library.

If the music is stored on a mobile device then you will need to sync the music from the device to your computer.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

The instruction given to me previously did not work. Holding down the button for the on off and the one qt tht bottom of the phone did not bring the iTunes up and when I tried to plug the phone into the computer it came up disabled.And I think that my old phone is not a 6 Burt rather a S model that might be a 7Detail Required: LOW; Urgency: LOW

Where is your music stored?

Thanks Pete for checking. I started to try to follow the instructions and couldn’t find where to ask iTunes to search for all of my music and then had to leave the next morning on business and I still haven’t been home to follow thru. I will however get on it as soon as possible and if you have any ideas for me as to how to ask iTunes to search for my music I’d appreciate that. m

1. Open the iTunes application, go to “File” and select “Add Folder to Library.” The Add to Library window opens and displays your hard drive’s folders.

2. Move to the Library pane on the left side of the window and find the folder containing audio files you wish to include.

3. Click that folder and then click “Select Folder.” ITunes searches that folder for media files and adds them to your library.

--------------------

Pete.

-------------------