Trying to use Skype and I now have to sign [email protected]@ I haven't…

Customer Question
Ian trying to use...

Ian trying to use Skype and I now have to sign [email protected]@

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

I haven't been on this site in 2 weeks.

Technician's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Our Customer Support team is available to help you 24/7. Email***@******.***. In the US or Canada: 1-***-***-**** (Available 6am to 9pm PST). In the UK: 0-***-***-****. In Australia: 1800-679-634. In New Zealand: 0800-452-621. From anywhere else: 1-***-***-****.

Why do I have to sign on to use my Skype? Is this because Microsoft bought out Skype?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

In the past, before tonight, I would click on icon Skype and all my items came up ready to go. Now there is a box that wants me to sign onto a microsoft account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am frustrated!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If you are having trouble logging in to Skype then most likely your account needs to merge with a Microsoft account now that Skype is working with Microsoft. Until you do you should still be able to use your Skype account through web based Skype at the link below:

click here

To fix your account so that you can use the Skype app again follow the steps in the article at the link below:

click here

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Do you still need assistance?