I am trying to add page numbers to headings that I have

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying...

Hi, I am trying to add page numbers to headings that I have already placed on a MS Word 10 document.Can you assist me with that please?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

HP notebook, Intel Core 17. Do you need more?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

Where do I find the model?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Blackboard collaborate

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to submit a paper and I have everything else done except the numbers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

1. Open word
  2. Choose Insert (top of screen)> Page Number.
  3. Choose a location, such as Top of Page or Bottom of Page, and then pick a style in the gallery. Word automatically numbers every page.
  4. When you’re done, choose Close Header and Footer, or double-click anywhere outside the header and footer area.

If its an office word online program you can try the following:

1. Click Edit Document > Edit in Word Online if you haven’t already opened your document for editing.
  2. Click Insert > Page Numbers.
  3. You’ll see a gallery of page number layout options. Click the one you want.

Word Online will add the page number to each page of your document.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.