I'm trying to help my aunt with her Lenova Tablet because…

Customer Question
I'm trying to help...

I'm trying to help my aunt with her Lenova Tablet because she can't get rid of her Lenova Logo on the screen to get to her apps. We have tried all the troubleshooting guides and nothing is helping. It will ask for her pin # but when she puts it in, it jumps back to the Logo. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?

She got it for Christmas and has not changed those since she started it up.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What is the exact model number of the tablet?

Lenovo TB3-850F
Unfortunately, my aunt is in Texas and I'm in Arizona. It is after midnight there so I'm unable to talk to her. She's 80 years old so I try to help her over the phone but not always successful. In you can suggest something, I would appreciate it. Do you think it needs to be replaced??

My apologies for the delay.

For this type of issue the fix is usually a reset to factory default settings. To do that do the following:

Power off the Lenovo tablet.

Press Volume UP + Power button at the same time on the tablet.

In the recovery menu that appears, use the Volume button to select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and then press the power button to confirm.

Reboot the tablet and it should start as it did when new.

Please let me know the result.