Ony. We have a Sony Coolpix L20/19 and the

Customer Question
We have a Sony...

We have a Sony Coolpix L20/19 and the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover is broken. Can it be repaired, or would the expense warrant buying another camera?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your CoolPix?

I think we've had it for at least eight years.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your CoolPix?

Nothing.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

It'd definitely be cheaper to buy the part, but the difficulty is in finding it! They can be found a-plenty on sites like eBay, such as this listing:

https://www.ebay.com/i/261646823901?chn=ps&dispItem=1

The model of camera you have is no longer manufactured, so it is hard to get replacement parts directly from the manufacturer. If you're otherwise happy with the camera, though, I'd recommend getting the part wherever you can find it at a decent price, whether that's eBay (above), Amazon, or somewhere else.

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!