Installed windows 10 and need to import favorites to

Customer Question
Installed windows 10 and...

Installed windows 10 and need to import favorites to browser

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Gateway

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since the install favorites are in window old file but can't drag them to browser

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's the issue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi! Which browser did you use before the upgrade, and which browser would you like to import to? Asking because favorites get saved in different locations depending on the browser.

internet explorer before and now
I'd prefer to learn how to do it myself,thanks
Can you talk me thru it now??

Certainly! It's just taking a bit to type out the instructions. :-)

ok

Internet Explorer stores all favorites in your "Favorites" folder. It sounds like you've found the existing favorites already, which should be stored in C:\Windows.old\Users\yourUserName\Favorites. Open that location on your computer, and then press CTRL-A to select all of your old favorites, and then CTRL-C to copy them.

Next, open this location on your computer: C:\Users\yourUserName\Favorites. Once that location is open, press CTRL-V to paste your favorites to this location.

The next time you use Internet Explorer, your favorites will be back!

Please let me know if you run into any issues or have additional questions.

ok thanks

My pleasure! Let me know how it goes!

Did not work had to do it another way

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work! I will submit a refund request for you since we weren't able to help.