I accidentally Pushed F12 again. I took your laptop to a…

Customer Question
Hi! I accidentally Pushed...

Hi! I accidentally Pushed F12 again. I took your laptop to a local computer shop and pd to have it repaired last time. If there is a permanent fix for the brightness, please send it to me. I am not a computer wiz. I would appreciate a quick fix that I will understand. Also, shouldn't my keys be lit all of the time when I'm on? I have to keep a light on over my shoulder at night now. TY

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

IdeapadP400Touch

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

No,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

OK

F12 should increase brightness on the laptop, is that what is happening?

Trying to correct your problem in Brightness settings does nothing. This is an inherent problem in the computer, and I want a permanent fix.

I believe a driver update will permanently fix the issue, one moment while I type out the steps.

TY!

Are you running Windows 10 or Windows 8?

I believe I downloaded Windows 10 yesterday. The ad kept popping up and I finally gave in, but I don't know how to ck if it did download.

​Okay, follow these steps to download the latest Graphics driver for your laptop.

1. Go to https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031547
  2. Download and install the driver for your machine.
  3. Let me know when you have finished
Samuel. If this was a problem that I did I would pay the $39. This problem came .inside the ideapad.

We are an independent tech support company not affiliated with Lenovo

I dont think the brightness problem is caused by users.I've set brightness to the maximum, but it's still dark and murky. And I showed the screen to some other people. they all agreed it is dark. So I am thinking it has to be something wrong with screen, a hardware. I went online, I found that a lot of users share this very same problem. I am wondering if I can send the machine back to the manufacturer and get it fixed for free.

Perhaps. You would have to contact Lenovo customer support to check

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.