My password has been compromised, can you please help me to…

Customer Question
My password ***** been...

My password ***** been compromised, can you please help me to change it?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Gmail on smart phone and pc

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Looked up how to change it, so signed in, told to go to gear and settings and can't figure out how to get to settings...assume gear is little gear symbol at upper rt corner of screen but only get compatibility view settings which doesn't get me to nexty step "acct and import tab"

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you very much!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Would you like me to remotely connect to the machine and help you with the process?

what machine? this is my work computer
don't want to spend more money, so what can I do

Okay, one second while i type out the steps.

Are you using an Apple or Android phone?

Android, but it's in the car uncharged

Okay, we can do it on the computer, one moment.

Step 1: Open your web browser and go to www.gmail.com.

Step 2: Enter your Gmail email address and password ***** the log in fields. Then press Sign in.

Step 3: You will now be taken to your main Gmail inbox.

Step 4: Click on the ‘cog’ icon in the top right hand corner. Choose Settings.

Step 5: You will now be shown the 'General settings' options. The option to change password ***** ***** a different settings menu. Click on Accounts and Importalong the top.

Step 6: Choose Change password.

Gmail will ask you to verify your account. To change your password ***** will have to enter your old password ***** then click Next.

You will now need to use this new password ***** access your Gmail account and other Google products that are linked to this account such as YouTube.

These are the instructions I got from googling how to change it. Please refund my $5 and I'll do it myself. Thanks
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

As I requested, I would like my $5 back, as you gave me the exact same process to change the password ***** I got free online. It didn't work, and I do not want to invest any more money.
Please honor your refund guarantee.
Thank you,
Sheila Masterson

Not a problem, here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0