Bought a dell windows xp pro from a friend but dont know…

Customer Question
Hey i bought a...

Hey i bought a dell windows xp pro from a friend but dont know administrator password ***** can i get pass that

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Pp18l

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Almost a week ive tried everthing i think of ctl atl del

Technician's Assistant: What TCL model do you have? How old is it?

Im not really sure tbh

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

What do you mean

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TCL? What happened right before this?

I

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

He never staeted what the issue was

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

do you have a usb flash drive or a cd/dvd disk drive

Thanks so much im really stressed out
No i don't

Windows XP is obsolete and will not find support for xp with Microsoft.

I would suggest you to get a windows 7 operating system disk so that you can install it and you can use the computer with windows 7.

do i need thr home premium or professional

go for home version

let me see if we can run a factory restore it the original harddrive has not been modified or formatted.

Ok what do i need to do
  1. Turn on the computer.
  2. As the computer starts, press < F8 > on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

3. Press the < Down Arrow > on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press < Enter >.
  4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
  5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
  6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
  7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
  8. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
  9. Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

This will only work if the recovery partition on the hard drive is intact and has not been removed or formatted.

The other option is you can buy Windows 7 and you can install it.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
You may click on the response/reply button to continue if you need anymore assistance.
Thank you for your interest in Just Answer.