Sorry, I was looking for help with my tablet... SM-T550 and…

Customer Question
Sorry, I was looking...

Sorry, I was looking for help with my tablet...

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

SM-T550 and a few years...I can't get into it after the last upgrade because I've forgotten my swipe code

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Im using an apple device to find out what to do...is that ok?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

At the very beginning switchoff the tablet by using the Power key. After that, press and hold together Volume Up + Home + Power button for a few seconds. Release held keys when the Samsung Logo appears on the screen. Select "wipe data / factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.

This will erase all you stored date on the tablet.

Factory reset is the only way to get the Tab working again.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
You may click on the response/reply button to continue if you need anymore assistance.
Thank you for your interest in Just Answer.

It's kind of hard to turn off when you need the swipe code to do it

push and hold down the power button for 20 seconds.

Not working! Do not charge me! And please delete my information.