I have windows 10 and cant upload my simulator. Dell

Customer Question
I have windows 10...

I have windows 10 and cant upload my simulator

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell computer

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

I think 610

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I just tried to upload. haven't plaid this in years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't want to change to windows 7

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Tech Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

What simulator software are you trying to install? Full name and version please.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

great planes realflight r/c flight simulator g3.5
no I would prefer you not connect to my computer

Are you sure it's version 3.5? If so, that's almost certainly not going to work with Windows 10, and may not even work with 8 or 7 without special configuration, as 3.5 goes back to 2007 and is about 11 years old. Have you considered upgrading to the newest version?

didnt want to

OK. I have checked into this for you, and as I said before, this is very old "vintage" software. Even back in 2010, most reports showed the software wouldn't run on many Windows 7 computers as it's a flight simulator. This also means emulators are mostly out.

If you really want to run the old version, for this one you'll need to go very retro. You'll need an XP computer with a good graphics card (for that time). Getting all that together will likely cost more in time and effort than just purchasing the new version of the software which will run on Windows 10 and make use of your hardware. Looks like cost on that is about 100-150.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

thanks

You're very welcome. If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.