My lenovo sl510 is locked on startup screen, lenovo sl510, i…

Customer Question
My lenovo sl510 is...

My lenovo sl510 is locked on startup screen

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo sl510

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It just happened for the first time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
I was told my wait was 8 minutes. I has been 15.
3/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Are there any error messages?

no

Have you tried powering it off?

I dont think you can. it is locked up on the screen that says thinkpad. It can not open
many times

Please disregard the Premium Service popup. That is auto-generated.

Does your model have a removable battery?

I have tried removing the battery

Disconnect the AC power if connected and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then reapply power and see if it will start normally.

It didn't work

It may also be located along either side with an upside down curved arrow indicating the location. If it is on the side, you may see just a pin hole.

i cant find it. I have a think vantage blue button

To access the Rescue and Recovery workspace, turn on the computer; then, while the “To interrupt normal startup, press the ThinkVantage blue button” message is displayed at the lower-left of the screen, press the ThinkVantage blue button. The Rescue and Recovery screen opens and you can proceed from there.

nothing is happening when i press the think vantage blue button

You powered your computer off first, correct?

twice

And you were not able to interrupt the startup by pressing the blue button?

Try again only this time press and hold the blue button as the computer is starting up.

I tried a few times. It is not working

Okay then one more thing to try. Disconnect all power and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, but this time let it set for about 10 minutes or so after releasing the power button. Let me know what happens.

i tried it after about 15 minutes. it still doesn't start up

My apologies for the delay. How old is your laptop?

7-10 years old.

Since all of the recovery efforts have not been successful, there is a good possibility your hard drive has failed. You might want to consider looking for a new laptop.