I spilled water on the keyboard and I believe spilled into…

Customer Question
I spilled water on...

I spilled water on the keyboard and I believe spilled into ports. I had an error of media connection. But then I ran some checks and all passed and it came back to the main screen and I was okay. I left it on over night withouth the charger in. Now it is black screen and nothing. The green light on the on off is lit and will go out if I turn it off. It will blink if I put the charger in?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo think pad laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?

Lenova X1 Carbon Windows Pro

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your X1? Have you installed any updates recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working fine before I spilled water on it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did you spill water on the keyboard?

Last night. It was working when I went to bed, after an error that there was a media connection? Error

It sounds like the water could have caused internal damage to the laptop.
Could you double check and make sure the brightness is turned all the way up?
It should be F12 on the keyboard

I believe it is.
Are you still there? I do not want to securely connect.
Hello

Sorry, looking into the issue. One moment.

Do you have an external monitor or TV that you can hookup to the laptop?

No I do not. I think I want to cancel all of this. It is most likely internal damage that you cannot fix. Please cancel all charges.
Please respond!
Tech Support Specialist: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 3 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

With the issue on your laptop, it's best to bring your laptop to any computer repair. The water could corrode the parts of your laptop and you should bring it to them immediately so they can crack open your laptop and use any blower or any drying solution.

I apologize that remote assistance cannot help you solve this issue. So I'm suggesting that you send this to hardware expert.

Thank you.
Domijones