The battery icon has an explanation inside it and when

Customer Question
The battery icon has...

The battery icon has an explanation mark inside it and when trying to charge battery light does not come on

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Tried holding button in for 40 seconds and charging

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have a different charger you can try?

I already did that. I have another kindle that works on both cords. This kindle is my husbands

Okay, this sounds like a hardware issue. How old is the Kindle? It is most likely a problem with either the charging port or the battery itself.

is there anything to do

Is it new enough that it may still be under warranty?

I don't knoe

If it is newer than 1 year old you may be able to have it replaced free by Amazon. Otherwise, your best bet is probably to trade it in for credit towards a new Kindle. You can find more information on the trade-in program here: https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=10825010011

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!