I received a shut down on my windows 10 2 days ago. The

Customer Question
I received a shut...

I received a shut down on my windows 10 2 days ago. The number that came up was 1(###) ###-####which I called. I spoke to Ron Williams. He checked my computer and told me that there were downloads that were causing this. I had been trying to get recipes for sweet potato pie on google when this happened. The question

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I have is Windows Technical dept is bonafide. (###) ###-#### Because they directed me to buy iTunes 2 gift cards for $100 each and then said later that they were nor working. I am suspicious.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I don’t use iTunes.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I don’t use itunes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know if the firm called windows department(###) ###-####

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

My friend, you have been scammed..... Microsoft or any legitimate company does not bring you pop ups to receive tech support

Only malware and ransomware will do this to scam you into calling them

Please stop all communications with that number immediately......

What do you suggest
I do next.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

You are infected already because the people you are calling CAUSED your shut down in the first place

I deal with this alot on a daily basis and im sorry this happened to you...

I have the tools and expertise to remove what you have

I suggest a remote session to check your security and get these people out of your system before you cannot access it at all which will be there next step

No thanks. Please cancel my trial subscription and membership.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Hey its your computer that will die, its your call.... Next you will asked for stupid amount of money to unlock your system

FYI this is under half of what a shop would charge you.. Consider this.... I want to help you

Did want to cancel this subscription. Thank you for your help.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you want to cancel the subscription or this question or both?