It's my tablet, I forgot my pattern and now I can't acces…

Customer Question
It's my tablet, I...

It's my tablet, I forgot my pattern and now I can't acces it

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

Samsung Tab A SM-T355y

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Unlike the others it doesn't give me any option to use PIN or email after 5 attempts, it only says try again after 30secs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment, I just want to access my Tablet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all of the keys, the press and quickly release the Power key
  4. 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I can't turn the device off because it requires pattern to turn it off.

ok do this please

Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

Then turn it off

Let me know he results please