How can I fix error 0x80040702. Toshiba computer windows 10.

Customer Question
How can I fix...

How can I fix error 0x80040702

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Toshiba computer windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have?

Satilite c750- b7100

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just bought this used and trying to set up my software on it

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Mtu hoster karaoke and dj software I have no problems on my other computer that is a Toshiba and I have used this software for 12 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Tryin to install but I get this error and it cancels my download

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

The code means that you are trying to run incompatible software with windows 10...

Much of the older software will not run on windows 10 because of the advance in technology in the windows platform...

Once thing you MAY be able to do is run the program in compatibility mode

never had thie problem on my other computers and they are windows 10
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

In windows 10 search box type in - Run programs made for previous versions of windows

Click on it when you see the item come up in search

Run the trouble shooter and select your program from the list

choose to try recommended settings

then test program

I'm not paying more for this help that is rediculous
this should not be a problem I need to pay to fix
sorry I need to pay to fix
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

This is a paid tech support site, if you dont want to pay, tell me now and I will have this refunded to you

As a technician we get paid by the question and it would not be in my interests to continue

Please advise