My son slammed my lab top shut and now it will not turn on.

Customer Question
Hi. My son slammed...

Hi. My son slammed my lab top shut and now it will not turn on. What should I do or is there any hope of fixing it?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Asus model 3.42a,65w

Technician's Assistant: What Asus model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

About an 1 and half ago. Tried turning it on and nothing happens

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

how old is the laptop

what happens when you turn it on....does anything come up on the lcd screen

A little over a year I think.
Nothing happens when I turn it on now

i am sorry but remote assistance will not be applicable as the computer is not turning on itself

please remove the battery and unplug power adapter cord from laptop

let me know once done

that is done

keep the power button on laptop pressed for 10 secs

then release power button and then insert battery pack and plug in adapter cord

turn on laptop

let me know if anything comes up on screen or not

No nothing

is the power cord plugged in and is the laptop battery charging light showing up

the battery light is green

there is a possibility that when the laptop was slammed the memory card might have gone loose causing the no display

do you hear/feel the fan spinning

I don't k ow. It is humming when I it my ear to the back of computer....

ok we can try a reseat of the memory modules

are you comfortable opening the laptop screws if needed

I guess I will try

ok give me 2 mins while i check the specs and share the instructions with you

Ok

turn laptop upside down and have a look at bottom panel

do you see any compartment with screws

It has a little pocket but no screws on it. There are screws along the back corners

can you let me know the model# ***** the asus

that will help in giving you exact steps for the asus model you have

Modelx556u

thanks for the info. give me 2 mins while i check the configuration

K

check this video

it shows how to open the memory bay

https://youtu.be/fpfdYtKD2TM

Got all screws off trying to open back...what should I use to open
Ugh I got it all open except botoom corner
U there?

you need to open and check for memory cards. you need to remove them and reseat them

also check for any cables that might be loose and secure them

however if you are unable to open it dont force as it may cause plastic breakage

once done put the cover back on but dont put in the screws

turn on laptop by plugging in battery'

let me know if there is any change and if you hear any beep sound from laptop

It is still not working.... Thanks for your help. I will have to have my husband look at it....

sure and you can ask me if you have any questions

also if after trying the steps i listed above it still does not power on there is a possibility of a hardware fault on the laptop and would need to be taken in for service to get the same repaired

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you

thanks for using the service

Great thanks

you are welcome

Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page.

For all you time and effort

you are welcome