I am getting robo phone calls about my google account being…

Customer Question
I am getting robo...

I am getting robo phone calls about my google account being compromised & google may be forced to shut down my account. These are recordings on my home phone. I’m thinking it’s a scam?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

On my phone I’m getting a pop up that says “enter the password ***** the exchange account, “Exchange”. I enter my password ***** my old Arendell Parrott Academy email and it says it incorrect. I will now check my phone for Google.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

My wi-fi is ATT7rabbit and yes, my Apple mini, my desk top and an android mini. I guess my Apple phone is connected also.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, there is some google email account I never use. Maybe school set it up. The only email I use noe is***@******.***..my tablet is apparently using my school email as primary.***@******.***. I have a call into our school techie to maybe change my primary on the tablet to my home email.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. In this case it sounds like they are trying to steal your information. Do not take any action, do not call them back, if they happen to call and you answer just hang up. Google will never call you so if anyone is claiming to be from google they are attempting to scam you so just hang up and disregard any messages they may leave you. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.