I can’t log into snapchat. I dont have access to my number…

Customer Question
I can’t log into...

I can’t log into snapchat

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Snapchat?

I dont have access to my number anymore for the recovery number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

Last time was like 3 days ago since I changed my number and dont have access to it. & i forgot my snpachat password

Do you remember your old number still?

No its cus I dont remember if I used my old old email or phone number to activate my snapchat

Do you have access to the old email address?

No since i dont know the password ***** it

Ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Snapchat being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Snapchat states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year snapchat has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not snapchat , their policies, or the situation itself.