When I try to open a word document sent via email I get a…

When I try to...

When I try to open a word document sent via email I get a message which says to 1. enter your product key2.purchase a product key on line 3 try free for 30 days. Ive never had this message before. Yesterday I had to change my password ***** don't know if that's the problem. also have new computer but as fas Im aware everything was transferred. T I can't ope the attachment. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: How large is the Word document you're trying to attach?

I'm not trying to attach. Am trying to open a word document attachment. Its not very big

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to attach your Word document file or send an email?

No when I try to open the attachment I'm getting the message from Microsoft with the 3 options Ive already mentioned. Thee is also a problem with mail & I think it's because I had to change password ***** Haven't spoken to Telstra yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I have given the necessary information. Thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to open any other Word document in your computer?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have a MacBook Air. I don't know if I can open another word document and I don't know how to do it and sy=till stay on this page. Also I don't know why I;m being asked to pay monthly for a service I have never used before 7 I don't know why this message has appeared.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What am I supposed to do now. Do I wait?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Is somebody ging to talk to me?
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding the issue above. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

NOTE: please ignore any system generated messages regarding the Secured Remote Support or Premium Services. You do not require any of them at this point.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank You Michael. I have clicked on Secure remote assistance required, but nothing seems to have happened

Yes. I noticed that. But I'm not sure if that's what we need to do at this point.

so, when did u by and installed your MS word?

Hi, r u still there with me?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael. I don't know. I had my previous computer for 10years & I bought another one a few weeks ago. Last week I tried to open an attachment in a word document & I received the message with the 3 options. MS word has always been on my computer

OK. That explains it. are you using the word 360?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael. I have no idea. How can I find out

When you purchase a new computer the software that you used on your old computer along with its rights do not get transferred to your new one. but...

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Apple said they had transferred everything. What do I do now?

Microsoft includes a complete copy of its MS Office in most new computers and gives everybody the choice of either buying or just trying its newest version. That explains what is going on with yours

so what you need to do

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I didn't receive anything. What is required so that I can open word documents please

or should I say your options would be to either install your old version of the Word in which case you need to enter your product ID to make it work as before, or try MS new Word 30 days for free and then decide to either buy or not buy it after that.

Do you have your original MS Word CDs?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I think it would be best to have the new version as I had to update a lot of there things. How much is the new version. Is there any point in doing a trial for 30 days/ Is it a one-off payment?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
As far as I know I don't have any CDs. How much will it cost?

if you install your word CDs it would need one update to become up to date for that version but it still remains to be an older version but I think you gravitate towards using the new version which in that case I suggest the free 30 day trial.

They offer two programs. Either buy the software out right, or used it on a monthly basis. I am not sure about the prices but don't think it is much. You can also look for coupons and get discounts on ur purchase.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will do the 30 day trial, but can someone tell me the cost please & where do I but it from?

If you wish I can come in and install the new Word 360 and make sure everything is properly installed.

let me check on that.

here is some information about the difference between the Office 360 or the office 2016. I'm checking on the price. just a moment please.

Office 365

Office 365 plans include the complete suite of Office applications, plus other services that are enabled over the Internet, including extra cloud storage with OneDrive and Skype minutes for home use. With Office 365 you get the full, installed Office experience on PCs, Macs, tablets (including Windows, iPad, and Android) and smartphones. Office 365 plans are available as a monthly or annual subscription and include 5 device installs. With Office 365, upgrades are always included with your subscription.

Office 2016

Office 2016 suites, including Office Home & Student and Home & Business, include applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote; they are available as a one-time purchase for use on a single PC or Mac. The applications are not automatically updated; to get the latest version, you must purchase Office again when the new version becomes available.

It costs either $99.99 a year or $9.99 a month, which covers up to five computers in a household. They can include Windows PCs and/or Macs; Microsoft isn't releasing a new OS X version of Office just now, but Office 2011, the current Mac version, is part of the package.

The price for the Office 2016 varies from $80 to $150 and it will be yours without further payment.

if you prefer the 360, I think the version you have already is 360. Otherwise the standalone packages can be purchased from a variety of different vendors

does that answer your questions?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you Michael. I don't understand which one would be better. Probably the 360. Do I just go and buy one ( I still don't know where) I;m computer illiterate. So if I buy a 360, who installs it and is there any further payments involved?

if you wish I can install it for you and make sure that it is working properly.

I could do that right now.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How much will that cost me to have it installed/ And do I pay $99 annually forever?

I actually suggest the one time payment of $80 to $150 one so you don't have to make any further payments.

where are you located at?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok I'll do the one time payment as long as get everything that I need. I'm in Melbourne.

I need your email in order to do that. please enter your email in the private box

You should see a blue writing somewhere on your screen saying "Enter Contact Info." Clicking on that link opens up a safe box where you can enter your personal information such as your phone number, etc... without anybody else being able to see it.

Do you see that?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No there is nothing like that on my screen

ok. then just send it to my email at***@******.*** and I get it from there?

can you do that?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael I have just sent you an email. Did you receive it

yes I did. Thank you.

did you get my response?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael, I have sent nothing after your message saying you had received my email

[Installing Teamviewer]
-----------------------
Please follow all the steps below and we will be connected in a minute. You can disconnect from the secured connection at any moment.

1. Click on the link below. A small Trusted Microsoft software will begin to download. Respond favorably to any follow-up questions to proceed.
https://www.teamviewer.us/teamviewer-automatic-download/

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I meant to say I have seen nothing, not sent nothing

are u doing ok?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael. im not doing anything. am I supposed to be doing something?

yes, please follow these instructions:

[Installing Teamviewer]
-----------------------

how are u doing?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael I haven’t got army options to choose from

have you downloaded the software and installed it?

you need to download it first and then let it get installed first. download it from the link below:

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael I cannot do it because the options you mentioned are not on the team viewer and I don’t know what to do

ok. what do u see on the screen?

you also can take a picture of the screen and email it to me.

Jill, how r u doing?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My screen says your team viewer full version will automatically download in a moment. If the download didn’t startplease click here for direct download. Howdo I know if the download has startef

u need to look in your download folder. It is the first file at the top

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The team viewer is in the download file what do I do next

just double click it to make it run then follow the instructions.

*

Choose the "Basic Installation" and the "Personal/non-commercial use" options and click the "Accept - Finish" button.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael none of the options are coming up. It says installer is trying to install new software and asks for my password ***** ***** the password ***** asked me for before

jill, do you want to call me. I think this is going to work better if you call me. but please rate me a 5 star before you do that.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What is your number where are you and di I have to pay for the call

1-***-***-****

or

01-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Michael I think I will leave it for the moment until I can get a friend who knows computers to help me. I'm not prepared to ring the number you have given me as I don't know where it is or how much it will cost. Thank you

ok. but before doing that could you make sure you rate me, please.

Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

jill, one more try. click on the link below and lets have it download

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6d77cb36-b9fe-41b9-96cf-55f1cfeab59d&Type=Java

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you Jins. I’m in Melbourne ,Australia. The best time to do the remote support would be between 6 pm and 10 pm today ( Melbourne time) Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you. Jill

What about 5PM ? It seems you rated and paid for Michael, the other expert. Did you contacted him on the number he provided?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No I didn’t I asked where he was. I think America and I’m not prepared to spend money ringing when I have already paid for advice. There us supposed to be remote access support but for some reason thus wasn’t possible to do. I can do 5 pm

Okay, send a message at 5pm. I will give instructions.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Will you able to do it remotely ? The instructions that he gave were not the same as was coming up on my screen. Also do I have to pay more thank you

Yes, I will do.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you very much. I will message you again at 5 pm
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hello Jins. I am ready to start. Thank you

Okay, first of all please go to www.teamviewer.com and download and install Teamviewer on your computer. Then Run Teamviewer and let me know the ID and password ***** shows you.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have downloaded it and opened it. It doesn’t show an I’d & password. It shows software licence agreement

Click on I Agree and continue. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have clicked on install it shows my user name & is asking fir a password. Is this the password ***** I established yesterday

Check this YouTube video. It's for older version but process is almost same for newer version also.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I think you replied but I cannot find your reply

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
He is speaking too clucky for me to do it. L i put in the password ***** nothing happens. I didn’t hear what he said about the password

Did you installed Teamviewer?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am trying to but the man is speaking too quickly and the password ***** had yesterday isn’t working. This is very difficult. I thought remote assistance meant that you would be able to install it
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The instructions are no help. I cannot find all the icons however I just have a notice ont the screen which says that the installation wS successful. A person is talking but I have no idea what she is saying please help me

Okay, leave it. Please click here. You will get open a window. Enter 79775 as code and click on the arrow button near it to Join session. Download the small program it prompts and Run it.

Hi Jil, are you there?

Jill... I thought you said you are going to get a friend to help you. What happend?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Jin’s I cannot do this I am requesting help and I’m getting none when I click on jon session I gets lox showing join session. When I click on the download arrow nothing happens. Please do not send verbal instructions they speak too quickly. I was going to get a friend but when I received a furthers email last night I was under the impression that you or someone there would be able to remotely access my computer and therefore I didn’t think I would need anyone. I cannot do this the instructions do not correspond with what’s happening on screen. Please stop the verbal instructions

Jill, forget that. I want you to do this.

Check this YouTube video. Click and Watch this video

click here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UauvWtiqCzc

jill, could u please stay with me?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Michael have already seen the u tube video. He speaks too quickly I do not know which password ***** put in. You told me I had to have one especially for this but when I put it in it doesn’t work I am not getting the help I exoect

jill are you using SAFARI?

Jill, the truth is, and please realize that I don't mean anything derogatory but your knowledge of what I'm doing is 1 in the scale of 1 to 10. So, I am being more than patient and spending hours to get you what you want to do. so, please stay with me and do as i say. I'm going to make this easy to understand

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have safari. What do mean am I using it. As I said the video is too quick for me to follow. People go to the moon I cannot believe that installing software is so difficult & I cannot believe that you can’t access my computer & do it. I thoughtbhat was what I’m paying for

r u with me jill?

Good. I'm going to send u a picture. on the right side you see an area that I have highlighted yellow

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
have you sent it I haven't got it
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can see the yellow area

click on the link to see the picture.

This picture shows the top right corner of your browser. There is a botton that looks like the yellow highlighted part of the picture. do you see it?

the yellow area looks exactly like the top right corner of your safari. do you see the downward arrow?

do you see it?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can see the arrow. Do I click on it

yes

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I’ve clicked on it nothing happens

when u click on it it opens up a window with a bunch of files names listed. Please just right the name of the first top three files. you dont have to write the entire name, just the first 10 characters.

that's because you are clicking on the picture and not on the downward arrow on the top righ corner of your browswers.

browser

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I Sorry I can see a box which says connect wisecontrol client twice & team viewer dig. So what am I supposed to do

Jill, I would have called you if I could make international calls. but you can. We can finish this in just a few moment if we talk. It will cost you only a few dollars to call me. There are two options here. the first one is for you to call me. and the second one is to get ur friend and do not answer anybody else except for me. I do not want u to get more confused. do u understand me?

Jill, r u with me?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Michael I really don’t think I’m confused. What you are telling me to do does not correspond with what is on the screen is there any other way I can get this installed. Am I ble to buy it at a computer shop

There is one more option. I can talk you through installing the MS word. because ultimately that's what we want to do. But as you can see this is the second day that we are doing this and we r no closer than when we first started. I am willing to walk you through installing the Word 360 but have to ask for at least $75 for the time already spent and further needs to be spend. Do you want to do that?

so, you have only and only three options here. call me, or have your friend over and when she is talk to me only and the third one is $75 more.

do u know what u want to do?

Jill, sweetie, are you with me, dear? Because I need to know what you want to do now.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am not prepared to spend a further $ 75 or more for this. I’ll wait until my friend comes and contact someone again. I may not be a computer expert but I can follow instructions. However this is difficult when instructions and computer screens don’t correspond. So I will leave things for the moment thank you

I know, dear. it is very difficult. You made a good decision. So, when your friend is the contact me. I repeat, contact me and nobody else because I don't want another person not knowing the history and where you are coming from to get involved and add more confusion here and make it more difficult that it already is. Do you understand me?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thank you MICHAEL. I just hope that you will be available when my friend is here. I don't know when that will be though. Jill

I make myself available. just give me a heads up when she is leaving to come to you. I check here to hear from you. so, give me a heads up maybe an hour or half an hour before she gets there. Go rest. you have had a very hard time here or do something fun, play a game or something for now. I'm going to leave at this point and talk to you tomorrow, dear.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you very much Michael. I’ll contact you at this site as soon as I hear from my friend. He may not be able to come until after Easter but I will certainly let you know. Jill
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you very much Michael. Not sure when he can come. It may be after Easter but I will contact you on this site as soon as I know. Jill

that would be great. have a great rest of your day.

Michael
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer