Can't get out of 'safe' mode. Gateway windows 10. Tried

Can't get out of...

Can't get out of 'safe' mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Gateway windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Tried closing down computer a dozen times, This happened after I called Norton to get rid of a virus

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to get out of safe mode

3/28/2018
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Are you chatting to me from the same computer?

no

On the computer that is in safe mode, Hold the Windows Key and Press R. In the run dialog, type msconfig and click OK. Let me know when done.

what are you going to do to solve the problem?

it will take a minute, as my husband is booting up the computer

Take your time.

where is the windows key?

The one between CTRL and ALT on Keyboard with 4 small squares.

clicked ok
on system configuration

Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe Boot. Then click Apply/OK.

restarting

Okay. Let me know how it goes.

norton power erasure attempted to restart
connecting now to internet

Okay. Did it restart into normal mode this time?

he can't connect to the internet

Did it start into Normal mode?

This question requested assistance with booting into normal mode, so i wont be able to assist with setting up internet on this one. You will have to ask a new question for that.

it is on airplane mode and my husband can't get it to go off

Please open a new question for assistance with internet. This question was about getting out of safe mode which i think we have accomplished.

we are in a situation where we don't even know what to ask

Is he clicking the airplane icon to turn the airplane mode off?

Can you hook up Ethernet cable from your router to the computer and then see if it connects to the internet so i can connect to it?

I can't turn off the airplane mode
don' t have ether net cable

Can you get one so i can connect and check? You can order one from Amazon and we can resume this when you have it connected.

ok but it will take time. How do I get back with you

Save this page or re-access this page from the email sent in relation to this question to the email address you have given when you signed up.

ok will get back later

Take your time