I was hacked about thee weeks ago and I lost everything.

Customer Question
I was hacked about...

I was hacked about thee weeks ago and I lost everything. When u came out with Window 10 and I had windows 7 and was able to download and install Windows 10 as a free download is there any way that I can get it re-installed .

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

HP pavillion

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, when I bought my HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer they installed it for me and I bought office and did not get a key since they installed it6.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hello! Since you previously redeemed your free upgrade to Windows 10, your Windows 7 license was converted to a legal Windows 10 license and you can absolutely reinstall the newer operating system at no additional charge. To do that, you'll want to download the free Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool from this website:

Microsoft Software Download Windows 10 page

After downloading, run the Media Creation tool. When prompted, select "Upgrade this PC now", and click on "Next" to download Windows 10. Your Windows 10 download will be verified, and then installation will begin. When the License Terms screen appears, click on "Accept". Finally, click on "Install".

Hope that helps!