I was told how to lock my phone but I don't understand how…

Customer Question
I was told how...

I was told how to lock my phone but I don't understand how to unlock it

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I give my password ***** my email address but you keep saying it is wrong So I can't talk to you to help me thru.I thought for a 78 yr old I was doing good. So what do I do now Cancel the system?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I have not but if I get the number I will call them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Your people hang up on me before I can ask any questions.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John TF., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John TF.
John TF., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?