Have a gestetner DSm415pf device that I would like to

Have a gestetner DSm415pf...

Have a gestetner DSm415pf device that I would like to connect to my laptop for printing. It is a network device. Can it recognize my laptop as a network?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell inspiron 3521 with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows is up to date

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the printer connected to the network now?

I don't have a network. it is cat5 cable from device to laptop

Do you know if the printer has a static IP address now?

Do you have a router?

no router. where can I find the static ip address?

Ok hold on let me get the info for you

Are you talking to me from a PC or phone now?

PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast
from the laptop

Please CLICK HERE and open/run the file called Elsinore Screenconnect