I have recently bought an iPhone 8. I find that I cannot…

I have recently bought...

I have recently bought an iPhone 8. I find that I cannot listen to any podcasts because the speech is so fast that I cannot take it in. What should I do? Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Oh goodness, you've already asked something that i do not know! I'm really bad with anything tech.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I purchased the iPhone in the last month or so. And it has gone on as long as I have had the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything, thanks.

3/28/2018
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To make sure I don't miss anything, when you play any podcast, the person speaking is at a faster speed. is that correct?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
You are welcome to connect to my phone. How do we do that?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'd rather not pay the extra fee. You're correct that the person is speaking very quickly.

I can easily fix it by remotely connecting but there will be an additional fee for that service.

I can give you the steps here if you are unable to pay extra. Let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you, Ameen. I will go to the Apple store instead. Thank you for your time.

No problem, I respect your decision.

Your satisfaction is my priority, Please take a moment to rate my service (hopefully 5 stars :) ) and press submit at the top of your question page once you have a moment. Thanks :)

If you need additional information please use the reply box below to let me know.

Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

I want to help you. Try these steps and it will fix it :)

1. Open the “Podcasts” app on iPhone if you have not done so already
  2. Start playing any podcast as usual
  3. Look for the “1x” button near the standard playback buttons, tap that to start adjusting the playback speed. The following playback speed options are available:
    • 1x – default playback speed
    • 1.5x – the podcast plays 50% faster, this is perhaps the most reasonable adjustment for speeding things up
    • 2x – the podcast plays twice as fast, this can sound too fast and changes the tone and pitch of voices by quite a bit which can make comprehension more challenging. Best for skipping through a boring part of a podcast where comprehension is less important (or if you like the sound of Alvin and The Chipmunks)
    • 0.5x – cut playback speed in half and slow it down dramatically, this can improve comprehension if a speaker is talking too fast, or if you just want to really grok what someone is saying

Keep it at 1x speed. That is the normal speed. Hope that helps. That'll save you the trip to the Apple Store

Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician