My Windows key stopped working. Toshiba Satellite. It just…

Customer Question
My Windows key stopped...

My Windows key stopped working

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Toshiba Satellite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It just stopped about a week ago. I have tried the key, also a double click on the icon at task bar.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 3 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It seems that it's physical issue. You can either replace the Windows key only or the whole keyboard.

You can try to buy a single key and then you can follow the tutorial on how to remove the key from your keyboard and replace it with a new one. It would cost you for like 5$ only.

Sample store:
https://www.laptopkey.com/

Tutorial:
https://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/

Otherwise you can go to any laptop/computer store and have them replace the whole keyboard. It range from 20$ and up, depending on the brand and model of your laptop.

Thank you.
Domijones

It is not a problem with the key(button) it also does not work when I double click on the icon.

Are you referring to the Windows Start logo? If yes, you may follow the procedure below.

-Hold the Windows key + R in your keyboard

-Run window should appear
-Type cmd then hit Enter
-Once the Command Prompt is open, type sfc /scannow
-Then hit Enter

Scanning could take a while but it should fix your file system, default apps from Windows, etc.

Thank you.

Domijones

Tech Support Specialist: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago
Mohammad Hossain

Hello

This is mohammad, would you please let me know exactly what types of issue you are having ?

Please let me know details about the issue.

Thank you,