I need an ansewers to a question about my Facebook account.

I need an ansewers...

I need an ansewers to a question about my Facebook account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

I am not sure. I put a picture and a post on my homepage and the picture is there but the write up is gone and I would like to retrieve it because it tales about my nephew who committed suicide at the age of 18.

Technician's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

No. We were on vacation and we were on a tour and my nephew's ashes were put in the ocean and I was looking over the water and my thoughts went out to David and I posted my thoughts and his Mother (my sister-in-law) is so upset that it disappeared and would love to see it posted again.

Technician's Assistant: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you?

I want to know how to retrieve a written posting on my Facebook account that somehow just disappeared.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

I tried clicking on the picture to see if the writing would show up again, but it did not.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, it means the world to our family to have that message brought back. Then I will type it out and put it in a file in case this ever happens again only to this posting.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

It sounds like you are trying to retrieve the text that you typed along with that picture. To help me better assist you, please tell me if the post was submitted with the text and you saw the text on your wall before? when did you notice it disappear.

Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I typed out the text and then placed a picture of me looking over the ocean on March 21st @2:30. It was there for about 5 days and then when I went into see how many more likes there were the picture was still on my Facebook page but the write had disappeared. I talked to some of the people that said they liked my posting and when I asked them if they had the write up on their Facebook page it was gone from all of theirs to.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Will you be getting back to me on this page? Just so I know where to keep looking for your answer. Thank you, Maureen

Yes, I will be assisting you. I would like to start a remote session with you that way I can see your screen. Kindly advise what time works best for you. I am in Eastern Standard Time.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Ameen, I was just double checking on my date as to the posting and it was either March 16 or 17. My sister-in-law said she could not share it with her friends and would I send it back out again but click on the share button. That was the last time I saw the posting. It is so important because it is about 18 year old son who committed suicide. I can stay on the line with you right now if you like. Thank you
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi, are you understanding the postings in Facebook, or are with another Company?

Hey, I see, I would say start a new post from your news feed, send it as just text in your post. And then add the picture after in the comments. That way the text will be posted for sure without you loosing it. Facebook has a limit on how many characters you can have in one post. Thats why I am suggesting that.

I can understand your concern.. it is a precious story. Not to make this worse but Facebook does delete posts from time to time. See this article I found online:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/facebook-removing-66000-posts-a-week-in-crackdown-on-hate-speech/news-story/ef39221a42cd09b2f20bde041900562b

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I can't start a new post unless I have the comments that I made about David, just putting up the picture of me looking over the ocean will not be of any use. I want to see the words that I wrote and then I will do a new post. I just can't find the words I typed. The article that you sent me said that Facebook deleted posts in previous months but not since I posted the one on my Facebook and there was certainly nothing in there that was hate full or racist, so why would they delete mine?

I agree, thats something Facebook controls. I can remotely check in your facebook timeline today. Let me know what time works best for you.

Kindly send me you phone number where I can reach you. Thanks

Waiting for you to send me your contact number so I can reach you. Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Ameen, my phone number is ***** I will be home all afternoon. Thank you, Maureen

Sure, I will call you in the next half hour

Tried calling. I will try again in 15 min.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am available for your phone call this evening.

Sure, i''ll call you in the evening

Hey, let me know when you are back online and I will call you. Thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am on line now, if you would like to call.

Ok, calling you now

Says, this person cannot be reached at the moment and going to answering machine. Will try again in 10min

Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician