I have two problems, my HP Pavilion laptop with windows 10,

Customer Question
Hi I have two...

Hi I have two problems, my HP Pavilion laptop with windows 10, is acting up: 1. the fan is always on, very noisy, as if the computer is working hard and overheating.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

2. Sometimes, when I turn the computer ON, there is a hint of light but nothing else happens. I turn it off, and on, several times, until it starts. Am afraid that something will go bad. Yes, the computer updates automatically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it. Thanks so much.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. How long have you had this HP Pavilion laptop? It sounds like you have a bad fan but are there any other issues that you are noticing besides that? Also it could be an application that is causing it as well.

I had the computer for about about a year and a half. I already sent it back to HP and they replaced the fan. The fan is not very quiet. But at times it is working too hard.
Thanks much for your help. I am retired, so my income is limited. Let us see if we can fix this without the extra money.
I can live with the noise, but problem 2 is the one that scares me much.

Sure that is not a problem. You can go ahead and reject the service. When you say there is a hint of light, where do you see that hint of light?

The screen does not light up with the usual picture. It has a dim hint of very hazy blue.

Hmmm...it sounds like an issue with the video card drivers. Hold on for a second while I find them for you.

Thanks.

Your welcome, so that I can provide you with the correct drivers, do you happen to know the model number of your HP Pavillion laptop?

Where can I find this information? It is a 15.6" with home 10.

It is typically on the laptop itself near where the keyboard is.

No worries if you cant find the model number. This tool from HP should be able to automatically scan your computer to make sure that you have the latest driver updates and right software installed. You can download the tool from here --> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl_ot_ob_ds_pd/hpsupportassistant_cc/dt

Here are the instructions for after you install the tool:

Open HP Support Assistant and check for software and driver downloads.

1. Double-click the HPSA desktop icon or select HPSA from the Start screen.

2. In HP Support Assistant, click the Updates and tune-up button.

3. Click Check for updates now.

HP Support Assistant now checks for the latest updates from the HP servers.

4. If new updates are available, make sure the check box next to each update is selected and click Apply to begin downloading and installing the updates.

If no updates are available, click Finish.

Thanks much I am downloading the HP Support program.

Your welcome, let me know how it goes :-).

Thanks Sergil. I don't know if this will work. Will see.

Your welcome, how is it going over there? Do you need any further assistance?

I did as per your instructions. But there was nothing to download (my PC is up to date). But it seems not to want to start after I turn it off. I still have to wait, turn it ON and OFF several times, till it works. Appreciate your help.

You're welcome. I am guessing the issue is still there?

Hello, do you still need assistance with this?

Since I am not getting a response, I will opt out of this case and let another Engineer get it. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?