I have a problem. My computer prints everything on the HP…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem. My computer prints everything on the HP 4500 model except the Turbo Tax Return. Vern

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP 4500 Wireless

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Since yesterday when I finished my TurboTax return. It prints everything else on my computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't know but it wants to print the return on an Adobe program and I don't know what to do and if I have it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer printed the IRS Payment Voucher but nothing else.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. Have you tried the following steps already?

Click the "Print Returns" button after saving your records. This will bring up a print screen that gives you many options. You can print all the forms you will need for filing, just the ones you want for your records (such as your 1040) or any other specific form you may want to print. After you decide which files you need, click "Print" in the lower right hand corner and the printing will start.

Your answers did not solve my problem!!!

WHat happened when you followed the steps? Also are you getting any error messages?

In order for me to help you, you have to give me more information on what is going on since I cant see what you are seeing.

Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Since TurboTax does not recognize that your printer is connected or has trouble finding your printer, I recommend a couple of workarounds you could use to print your tax return.

First, plug the printer directly into your computer and after the computer recognizes the printer, try printing to the printer (since the printer will be listed twice - once as wireless and again as USB connected) be sure to select to print from the USB connected HP4500 that is listed.

If that does not work, TurboTax has an option to print to PDF or save your tax return to a PDF file. So save your tax return to a PDF file, then double click on the PDF file and once open, print the tax return to your HP 4500 printer.

Either of those solutions should enable you to print your tax return.

Please let me know the result.