What is my "Network Password"? When i try to use email from…

Customer Question
What is my "Network...

What is my "Network Password"? When i try to use email from Google, i am asked for it. I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD SUCH A PASSWORD. What can I do about this?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail is the provider, but I would like a connection with Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through a web browser, I guess. (I am 85 years old and technically far behind)

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Accessing gmail via Firefox. I only have a desktop HP computer and have used Windows 7 home premium software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

We live in a CCRC in Basking Ridge, NJ. Have somewhat restrricted access to IT technician here. I have had negative experiences with AVG service (currently my security software provider and am a subscriber to their PC Tune up) I need to change these relationships.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

The network password ***** is asking you for is your email password ***** your email account

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Did you have success? If your email password ***** not work, you will need to change it..

Let me know and I will help you do that if needed

I have already spent $39 with Just Answer's technical rep Richard and don't want to spend that money a second time! Sure; I'd love the assurance of your fixing this, but is that possible? PLEASE don't switch (as he did) from text on my desktop computer to text in my seldom used mobile phone.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Oh I did not realize you was working with another tech already...

Be aware that every time you open a question it is a new amount you have to pay.....

Also we have no control over the messages and where they go.... We cannot direct them to one place or another..

Yes this is a very easy issue to address

Let's do this NOW. I can't work with you after 1 pm today.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

You wish me to connect? I just want to confirm... It will be 30 mins before I can do so BUT it will only take me about 30 mins to fix you up

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Please let me know if your password ***** rejected when you put it into the network password *****?

It was repeatedly rejected.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok I want to save you money.... Go to gmail.com and go to forgot password ***** you sign in

Reset your password ***** then apply it to the network password ***** asks for

If you want ME to do this, I can, just let me know

OK -- I'll try to do this. Thanks.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Dont worry, I am here for you... Any problems just let me know

Please cancel this request thank you
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

You no longer need help?

Many thanks. I tackled the problem myself.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

What did you do?