Won’t boot. Black screen with flashing cursor in upper left…

Customer Question
Won’t boot. Black...

Won’t boot. Black screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner. Model Q504C

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Asus laptop model Q504C

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Q504C?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Q504C? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, for the last week or so I haven’t even had internet access

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve been trying cntrl-alt-del and then f8 or f11, but get no response. I’ve tried holding cntrl-alt del but get no response. When I turn on, I get the asus logo and then the cursor.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Does it make any beep sounds also how old is the laptop?

The model number you provided seems to be incorrect so could you please check it again and let me know?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Laptop is less than 2 years old and is a Q504U
Not currently able to access internet at this location

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and it’s optional so you can ignore and continue in this chat page.

Thank you.

That model is not listed,Are you sure its a windows laptop also do you know which series it is.

It’s a notebook pc laptop. Model Q504U mfd 2016-11 serial GBNOWU218862487 operates on windows and has an intel core i5 7th Gen chip, hdmi interface, energy star rating and Harmon/Kardon ( I assume sound). That’s pretty much everything printed into or stickers onto the unit.

Thank you for the details.

Is the battery on the laptop user removable?

I don’t think so, there is no obvious battery slot

Can you see a battery reset hole on the bottom of the laptop.

No

OK power down the laptop then disconnect all external devices including external hard drives.

Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then release the power button.

Now check it and let me know the result.

While the on/off button is depressed. The Asus logo comes on and than goes off and the screen remains blank. When I let go of the button, it remains blank and is in off position. When I power back up, it is just like before: Asus logo followed by cursor on blank screen.

OK it looks like the hard drive is either faulty or the its connector is loose.To make sure that is the issue i will open this issue to other experts so that they can continue checking it.Is that OK with you?

Ok

Thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know

Decided to find another source after the first tech was stumped and couldn’t even recognize the model number I provided. Your response comes nearly 20 hours after that.

ok, sorry about that, if you need help let me know