I put an 8 cell battery in my g500s laptop and it won't

Customer Question
I put an 8...

I put an 8 cell battery in my g500s laptop and it won't charge more than 59%. Where do i change the settings to allow full charge?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your laptop from a different power source?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your laptop, or an aftermarket charger?

Orginal. it's working fine.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Computer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Just like to solve this issue. thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.
hey. i didn't see the $44 charge. pleSE CANCEL
CANCEL THE REMOTE ASSISTANCE REQUEST.
didnt ask for a call. did he cancel the charge?
I am sorry for any difficulty or confusion. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you.
can you answer the question without remote assist?
I can try calling you through some steps.
Which version of Windows is on your laptop? 10,8,7,etc
windows 10. lenovo idea laptop

I can try walkingy ou through some steps.

1. Access Lenovo Power Manager
  2. Switch to Basic. Click on the Battery tab, then open Battery Maintenance
  3. Choose the mode you wish to allow full charge and then click OK.
trying it now. thanks.

Okay, let me know how it goes please.

where can i download it? settings doesnnn/t have those options.
Okay, check and see if you have OneKey Optimizer
only one key recovery
Okay, see if you have Lenovo Settings app
Open the Lenovo Settings
Select the energy management icon
Set Conservation mode as Off
With AC adapter plugged in, the battery level will keep increasing.For systems with Lenovo Vantage installed Note:
If you add the AC adapter when the battery capaticity drops from 100% but still more than 95% (95% - 100%), the battery will not start charging. This is not a bug. It is due to battery charge self-protection feature.
Method Two
Go to Lenovo support website to download and install the latest BIOS. Reboot the PC and try again. If the problem persists, go to next step
Shut down the computer.
With the battery in (but remove AC adapter), attempt to turn on the computer by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. This should not turn on the computer.
Remove the battery (if the battery is not detachable, skip this step please).
Again, attempt to turn on the computer (AC adapter was not plugged in) by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. This should not turn on the computer either.
Re-attach the battery, plug in the AC adapter, and turn on the computer. The battery should begin charging.

did that work for you?