Trying to update windows 10. I've done all i know and the…

Trying to update windows...

Trying to update windows 10. I've done all i know and the computer has tried about a hundred times. I need remote access. I just know very little about computers

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Toshiba

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I get message eror0x8007001f, which i tried to look for help but my knowledge is limited

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I grew up with smoke signals so I'm not to swift with this stuff

3/28/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.
can you explain me a bit more about this

windows 10 is 64 bit or 32 bit?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
i dont know what bits are

do you want me to remote connect and fix the issue for you.

Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

go here to connect me; http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=22422f19-e41a-48cc-be63-db556c5c21b3
Click I agree, this will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I need it to be fixed by you i'm too frustrated to deal with this anymore

I know we worked on this a lot yesterday, sorry for tying up the computer for so long.

Did it error out late last night again?

Our options would be burning a dvd and doing a fresh reload, trying to reload from inside Windows first to take care of any corruption inside the operating system.

or waiting for the next Windows 10 version to come out later next month an attempt it again then.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My computer failed again to update. Did you leave last night?
Get back to me please. Wayne

this is what we are looking at for next steps

Our options would be burning a dvd and doing a fresh reload

trying to reload from inside Windows first to take care of any corruption inside the operating system.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
When can we connect

Do you have your files backed up? We'll want to do this before we proceed.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
all my files disappeared after our last session unless you've put them somewhere. my mail is gone with bookmarks, contacts, calendar,pictures and all my household budget that was on excel..So much is missing. I'm not very happy about this. This stuff may be easy for you,but,I'm lost with understanding all of this especially when I can't talk to anyone..
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
are you expecting me to pay another $52 dollars again

you're probably logged in as temp user

sign out and in bottom left will be your username

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't know what you mean or how to log out

right click on start menu in bottom left > shutdown or sign out > sign out

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I think I made it in can you hook up now
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
do you see that I'm in

did you backup files now that you're in?

we can remote session in about 2 hours or so, out of office at the moment

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
what files, they all disappeared and I don't know how to back up files. like I said, maybe you have them put away somewhere

did you sign out and log back into your username?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i'm in now
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I never logged out my username was temp
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
am I supposed to do something

I created the temp username, log out and sign in as yourself in bottom left corner

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm in
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
are you there did i not do it right
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
What is the matter? Are we doing this or not. My ass is getting worn out
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It appears you don't want to work with me, I,ve pretty much spelled out that I don't know much about this computer stuff and you never answer me, so I'm outta here. Wayne

I'm sorry I had to step out, I'm free now if you're still online.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Everything was back the next morning. I assume you went in during the night and fixed things up. I will learn to back things up for next time. You suggest waiting until the next version update of windows ten comes out, so how will I For know when that is?
For now that's it. Thanks Wayne

it sometime this month, there's no set date yet

Moses C
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer