Is this about yahoo. Phone but it's been a while since i…

Is this about yahoo ...

Is this about yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone but it's been a while since i used my account i forgot my password ***** i moved to a different country so i don't have access to my phone

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I want to activate my yahoo email address with my current contacts if its possible
Customer reply replied 25 days ago

My yahoo account that i want to activate is **********

3/28/2018
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I'd be happy to help attempt to unlock your yahoo account. Depending on how long it has been, we may not be able to recover it due to Yahoo's automated policy of account deletion. I would be happy to check if you would like.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i would
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Are you charging another 55 dollars

For a secure connect option which isn't necessary. I'd only suggest that for issues that I need to connect to your computer for.

What is your email address?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago

************

Give me just a few moments to determine the state of this email address.

I may have some questions for you if it is still active.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok

Can you verify the missing digits?

07** ** _ _ 31

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Its 4
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
But i don't have acess to the phone

The two numbers before 31.

No worries. I'm going to still attempt to work some magic.

The account is still active as I am not getting a bounce back message. So that is good news.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Yeeeeee

Back to that phone number, what were the two digits before 31? You said 4, but it needs 2 digits.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Am really trying to remember but i can't

Oh I'm sorry! Okay, let me see if there is another way around it.

It appears there weren't any other security questions setup with it. Most online email providers are going to the hands off approach to passwords meaning there's not a way to reset it unless you verify the information on the email account. Sometimes, you might be able to find that number on old documents and some folks have gone as far as owning that number for a short time just to unlock their account or contacting that number and asking the person who owns it to provide the reset code that will come their way.

I've actually had someone contact me from a new number I had that was previously theirs and I helped them recover their Gmail account.

I was able to determine the account is still active so verifying that number and possibly owning it or working with the current owner to unlock this account with the contacts would be the only way to get it back again.

If there was a legal reason, I have seen people send a request to Yahoo to unlock the account and they've done it that way too.

I know we weren't able to unlock it at this time but I'd like to continue working with you on this if you are able to verify that number for me. If you are and you are able to contact that person or own the number, we could reset your account together. You can leave me a message on here and I'd be happy to help you then. In the meantime to help me stay assigned, do you mind giving me a quick rating on the top right (hopefully 5 stars!) so I can receive credit for helping you today. Let me know if you have anything else for me.

Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I don't think I would get number
Cabletech
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist