I just received a notice from AOL that "I requested to

I just received a...

I just received a notice from AOL that "I requested to discontinue my aol account" and that if this was not so, I had only 24 hours to let aol know this. The number listed is from Vermont. I did not request to discontinue my aol account. How can I stop this . I work at a distance and will leave early in the am and not return until after midnight. Can you help me????

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking AOL from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From a browser. This computer starts out in MSN?. I must apologize, I;m computer challenged. (I'm older than I need to admit.)

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that I am aware off. You know . . . .challenged!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, only that I do not wish to lose my email . . . . . I have a great deal saved and currently a bunch undeleted.

3/28/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake notice. It is a scam, so please do not follow any instructions in it; the scammer just wants to get your personal information in order to do fraud. AOL does not send out email account cancellation notice. As long as your email is working, then you are fine. In the future, please always ignore any notice or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Thank you. I did ttry to call the number given but got no answer. Do you think I'll be okay?

You're welcome. It's fine as they did not do anything to your computer or email. Do you need help with any other computer question / issue today? Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Thank you.

You're welcome. Thank you.