I imported new photos to Phot app, and now the old ones are…

Customer Question
I imported new photos...

I imported new photos to Phot app, and now the old ones are missing. How can I get them back? :-)

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I use windows 10 and imported new photos to the photos app and now my other photos are missing. It also removed the live tile from the life at a glance screen, I believe.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I've looked all over the pc for the files and could not find them, but nothing with the software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I think that is it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Updating the Photos App may resolve the issue. Go to the Windows Store, open the Store Page of Windows 10 Photos, and then select to check for updates. If there are new updates available, they’ll get installed on your computer automatically.

Then reboot and then open the Photo App again to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?