I cant sign in to Cortana. Windows 10. Toshiba. Since I

Customer Question
I cant sign in...

I cant sign in to Cortana

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Toshiba

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since I added windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a admin account and a local Microsoft account

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
I get an error not available at this time
0x80070781
I blocked the local account from signing in. Been working on this for two days.
I use Cortana on my cell and ipad and I love it.
I reset my pc this morning thinking that would take are of it
using edge when
i try to sign into cortana
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If you cannot login then do the following:

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts

(when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again

and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >

Advanced Options > Startup Repair. Once Startup Repair is running it will

scan for and fix problems keeping the system from booting. Then once

completed, reboot and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Do you still need assistance?

I just want to know why I can sign into Cortana on my iPad & I phone with my Microsoft account but I can’t sign into my pc, running Edge with the same password.

Since you can sign in to your Microsoft account from other devices but not from your PC, it is likely that Windows 10 on your PC has some corruption that must be fixed before login will work correctly.

Recently this issue has been happening after a large Windows Update.

Please try the procedure I posted above. If that does not work then do the following:

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.
Advanced Options > System Restore. Select a restore point dated prior to
when the issue first started. Then click Next and follow the prompts to
complete the system restore. Reboot and test to see if the issue is
resolved.
Please let me know the result.