My daughter gave me her laptop and I changed something and…

Customer Question
My daughter gave me...

My daughter gave me her laptop and I changed something and now I'm locked out of making myself the administrator; I cannot do a master reset. :((

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I can't change anything due to being locked out as administrator

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this service free?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Also, I was told by a computer company it would cost over $100.00 for him to just look at it. I don't have that kind of $!!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

Thank you so much, Russell!

This may not be the answer, but it is a pair of things to try first:

1. try to enable the Administrator account, if it is indeed disabled. (There is a standard way to do this from the Command Prompt - ask me if you don't know how to go about it.)

2. then, restart in Safe Mode, which when you log in to Windows, will allow (or, ought to allow) you to specify

Administrator

as the username for the login - and as for the password, either get the Administrator account password ***** your daughter, or else just try using a blank for the password ***** no characters entered - since the Administrator account may still have the default value of nothing/blank/no characters.