Windows live is not communicating with our charter server,

Windows live is not...

Windows live is not communicating with our charter server, spectrum. We are not able to send messages

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Cisco?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Contacted our charter server

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No- just that our windows live is not communicating with our charter server to send email

3/27/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

It is often best to delete the email account from live mail and re add it again to establish a new connectiion

UNLESS you are able to get in and change advanced settings but honestly it is easier to delete and put it back on again

do we have to change our email address?

Oh no, nothing like that, your just removing the account from outlook then putting it back on again

The main server at Spectrum doesnt get touched...

Your just working form an email hub which reflects the info from the server...

You are using outlook app correct or through a browser?

Michael T

Please click HERE and open the downloaded file to connect to me...

I will be with you momentarily.....approx 5 mins... please connect

Ok I have all the settings in front of me from charter/spectrum and NOTHING works....

Please contact charter and ask them what settings you are supposed to use because the information they supply absolutely doesn't work

Once you find out, let me know here and I will apply the settings to live mail

How do we change from Windows Live to Outlook 2016 without changing our e-mail address
Our original problem was not being able to send email and we were told Windows Live was no longer working
I will need to put the settings into outlook for you.. it will not be hard to change over. I will get with you tomorrow morning and I’ll switch it over
OK We'll continue in the morning
Sounds good, I’ll contact you first thing and I’ll make it happen

Good morning, I have just started for the day... Please let me know when you are ready and I will send you new connection details

Thanks Mike

I am ready
Where should I be on my computer
Please send connection details

Hiya, sorry I was just finishing up with another customer...

Please click HERE and open the download to connect with me as before

It says web page not available

Keep trying, the website is fine

If it keeps doing it, shut down your browser and open it back up... Probably a cache issue

I am on my computer now and not on the phone. How do I proceed? I will try opening the browser again . I've triedmy. justanswer.com/apI will try the browser again with my.justanswer.com/app/s/hsugM

Why was you on your phone trying to do this hahaha

Open this conversation up on your computer through your email and then click the link to connect

I am on the computer now

Ok click HERE