I am being told to type in my Apple ID...but when I do it's…

Customer Question
I am being told...

I am being told to type in my Apple ID...but when I do it's kicked out. I'm now locked out

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't remember...has't been long

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes had me type in my e/mail address....then said it was already in use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'd like to retain what I thought was my password

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple ID question.

I think that you should go to another device, if you do not have web access on this one, and try this two-step procedure, slowly and carefully... and note, if it says it is already in use, you may have accidentally been trying to create a new Apple ID, which would bring up that error message...:

The process of recovering your Apple ID password ***** ***** steps - the first is needed, if you have forgotten what your Apple ID is. (If not, you can skip to the second step.)

1.

To recover first your Apple ID, then its password ***** go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID (- if it is lost... perhaps it isn't.)

2.
Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

(This may be done on any computer or smart device with internet and web page access.)
Let me know how that goes, please.

OK...ready to go

Good. Let me know how it goes.

All I'm getting are pitches for some services I don't want....have I been hoo-dood?
This site is obviously a scam.
Cancel my request and please return my $5.

I suspect you did not use these links, first

a genuine Apple URL, then when that's done go to

another genuine Apple URL... but, I have passed your request to JustAnswer customer service. (This site is no scam... your computer may be accessing other sites, but I'm sorry to hear the straightforward process that has worked for so many others is not working for you.) Have a good day.