I am receiving phone calls from someone that says he is from…

Customer Question
I am receiving phone...

I am receiving phone calls from someone that says he is from aol and wants to check my email address -- yesterday i tried to forward emails but was told that my email was incorrect please help

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My lap top computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have received phone calls from someone that identifies himself as an aol tech and wants me to sign on through google fast support

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

He wants me to sign on my email as he says that someone is calling me from florida and some other state -- i was scammd last year so I am vert leary in following his directions

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

First off, that fellow who is calling you is a scammer.

That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.

If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you,
***** *****

P.S. If you wish, I can remotely connect to your computer and make sure that you are safe from the scammer and that there are no problems. If you would like for me to do that, you may click the "Accept Offer" button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason

Are you still with me?

you said it was a scam and that was my question so I thought we were finished
at the beginning of my inquiry you said the cost was 5.00 i was not satisfied with the answer and therefore i do not feel i should be charged the 5.00 or any part of the cost of 39.oo

Oh, thank you for responding. You were not satisfied by my 100% correct answer? That is okay. I can send in your refund request now, if you wish.