I am having trouble figuring out my password It's making me…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble figuring out my password *****'s making me crazy. I have autolog in but I'm trying to reset my Skype password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Hmmm recently idk exactly when

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I have two skype accounts. The first one I know is updated. Actually, the second one, i have not used in a while..maybe 4 months. So it may not be updated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of. i am not very computer savvy so I don't know what i don't know

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 23 days ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, are you using Skype on a Windows or Mac computer?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
on my iPhone

OK, and could you let me know what's the skype ID that you are having this password ***** with?

OK, one moment - looking up the account now.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you so much

I just sent a security code via email to the Gmail email address. Could you check your emails and let me know what's the 7-digit code you received?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i tried to get the 7 digit number emailed to me also and it never sent. I have tried other emails as well. I am not receiving anything. would it be possible for you to email me the 7 digits directly?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It's just not coming through from them directly.

Please open up the Gmail page and then check the Primary, Social and Promotions tabs at the top - do you see the emails from Microsoft Security under any of these tabs?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Are you still there?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
okay i just got your last. Let me check

Please check the Spam folder as well; standing by.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ugh. No it isn't there

Hmm, that's odd. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
okay no. Not in spam... not anywhere. I am getting other emails.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Okay thank you. I'm about ready to give up. But i have a message waiting that I really would like to get.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago
Michael T

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with this issue today...

Do you have access to a computer?

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

Can you please go to the password ***** page online using a browser.....

I need to know if you have any other options when you try to reset so you can send the reset somewhere else instead.

There should be a link under where it says to send to email to use another method

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
okay stand by
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

Standing by and also let me know if you want me to remote in instead... Its far more efficient for me to see your screen and the options presented.

We do not have to of course... I am happy working here as well

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
okay so no there are no t other options.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

Are you 100% sure that the email address is consistent with YOUR address that your trying to access?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
You know what, I'm just going to forget this. You guys are running me through the same steps I took myself. No offense, but I paid $5 for no results and I can't afford to have you remote in.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I appreciate your efforts however.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

We are bound by the options given to use through there tools.... We know the ins and outs but there are limitations...

Are you sure the gmail address that comes up on the screen is the same one your trying to access to get the reset info?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
yeah, i'm sure and i totally understand there are limitations. I don't mean to come off as irritable.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

Its fine.... I know its frustrating..... For us as well because we really try in these situation and sometimes a brick wall keeps hitting us.

There is however no reason why you arent getting that reset email though which is the mind boggling part....

If the recovery email on your reset 100% matches your email address then you should be getting it

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I agree. It is so weird. I've even tried having it send to my fiance' and he didn't receive an email either.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I do however very much appreciate your efforts. Have an awesome day.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

You too, Maybe it will come through given some time.. There are times where it can take up to 24 hours to come though

Keep a close eye on it and see what happens... Have a great week ahead

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you so much! That just might be the case.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 23 days ago

Your welcome, Fingers crossed :-)

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T