Lately, about 6 weeks, when turn on laptop, it takes longer…

Customer Question
Lately, about 6 weeks, when...
Lately, about 6 weeks, when turn on laptop, it takes longer than usual to download the Yahoo home page. Then, when I put cursor on a photo on home page, the photo disappears and reappears when I move the cursor away. When I go somewhere else and then back to home page, it may or may not be fully loaded. Also, When I click on a story link, it downloads in "spots", ie, a picture here and there, some text here and there. Takes way longer than normal to download. In the Yahoo email, there is a "Nextdoor-Neighborhood" group. When I click to open for messages, it does not download as quickly as it used to. Other emails seem OK, like personal communications and emails from other groups. The Nextdoor site seems worse in downloading. Is this a sign that the laptop is getting bad? Or, something else? Laptop is ASUS, model A53E and about 6 years old. I have premium Malware and CCleaner which I use monthly.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your computer issue today.

Honestly, it sounds like your computer may either be bogged down with malicious software that your current programs aren't catching or your internet is slow.

Are you having this issue with other programs or is it specifically Yahoo or anything else you try to access online?

Please reply to this thread!

One particular email doesn't load well when I click on it and then the Yahoo home page mainly.
We get internet via ViaSat/Exede and it doesn't seem any slower than normal.
Will check answers in the morning.