Gamblock has completely taken over my Google play store. I…

Customer Question
Gamblock has completely taken...

Gamblock has completely taken over my Google play store. I can't install update or even open some apps. It's even deleted some of my apps. I only wanted to be blocked from gambling sites not have my app store taken over. Is it possible to fix this problem

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I'm trying to uninstall gamblock from my app store

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to access the play store now?

Please let me know

I open the play store update or install which it does. Gamblock blocks the uninstall or update and I'm back trying to reinstall or reupdate to no avail

ok, did you take out a subscription with it?

I did
I did.

ok, go to settings, and change the date to a date after the subscription will expire, eg if you took a year then a year from now.

It should then ask you to either renew the subscription or uninstall Gamblock

Let me know how you go please

Didn't work because the internet wouldn't work unless it was in date. Any other solutions

What is the make and model of the phone / tablet?

I would prefer secure remote assistance
Samsung S8

You will need to reset the phone, it will remove all data but it is the only way to remove this, it is the reason for the block, at times the date trick can work but when it does not you need to reset the phone.

This will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, so backup any data you first wish to keep.

Then go to Settings > Backup and reset. Tap on Factory data reset, then Reset device, and finally Erase everything.

Once done, set it up again, and choose Not to restore your apps else it is added back, but manually install your apps again

Let me know how you go please